http://achievingyou.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/no-bake-red-velvert-cake-pops.jpg 486 656 Janet McMinn http://achievingyou.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Achieving-You-logo-Tagline-1030x462.png Janet McMinn2018-03-22 02:04:542018-03-22 02:11:29No bake: Chocolate coated red velvet cake pops (vegan, gluten free)
- 1 small roasted beet (or cut a large one in half)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 soft pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon full-fat coconut milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegan homemade mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 85% dark chocolate bar, roughly chopped
- 10 cake pop sticks
- Prep a baking sheet or large cutting board with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients from beet to vanilla and pulse until smooth. It should resemble red velvet cookie dough.
- If adding chocolate chips, remove the blade from the processor, and fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Scoop out cookie dough using a scoop or tablespoon, and roll into your hand to form a ball and set on parchment paper. Place cake bites in the refrigerator.
- Heat a saucepan with a few inches of water over high heat and add chocolate to a heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl of chocolate over the saucepan and melt chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cake bites from the refrigerator and insert one cake pop stick into each one. Carefully dip each cake pop into the melted chocolate mixture and place back on the parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for the chocolate to set for about 15-20 minutes. Remove and serve in a jar, if desired.